VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410 in Mississauga
A three vehicle collision, including a dump truck, has caused many lanes on Highway 410 southbound to be blocked off.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says the collision occurred south of Courtney Park and North of 401 in the afternoon. It has blocked off the three left lanes, including the HOV lane, as well as part of the right lane.
The dump truck has rolled over leaving construction material, such as old asphalt, all over the southbound highway. It has left other debris on both the northbound and southbound highways. The other two cars have been removed off the highway.
The driver has been taken to the hospital with moderate injuries as well as another person who has not been identified.
The OPP and fire unit is on scene. The OPP is currently investigating the incident and will continue to do so for the next couple of hours. Cleanup and recovery will also take some time. It will take several hours for the lanes to reopen.
This has caused major delays on the highway just before rush hour. Highway 410 Northbound and Southbound are slow leading up to this collision.
Travellers are advised to find an alternate route or to avoid the area.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP.
- Truck Falls Into Ditch Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound
- Lanes Blocked Due To Collision On Highway 410 Northbound In Mississauga
- Three Lanes Blocked on Highway 410 Southbound in Mississauga
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- Lanes Blocked on Highway 401 Due To Collision
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Ontario asking feds to ensure that Mississauga and Ontario residents with mixed doses can travel abroad
- Knife-holding man at Mississauga intersection, warns Peel police
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently