VIDEO: Brampton and Mississauga Men Die Following Fiery Crash
Two men, one from Brampton and another from Mississauga, have died following a horrific crash on the 407.
Police say the 41-year-old Brampton man was operating the fuel truck and the 49-year-old Mississauga man was driving a passenger vehicle.
“Sadly, two lives were claimed in this collision,” OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter on the evening of the crash.
The crash occurred in Vaughan on the eastbound 407 between Dufferin and Keele on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
A dashcam video of the aftermath of the incident, courtesy of YouTube user Iwan Emawan, can be seen here:
“The fiery crash occurred around 5:00 this afternoon,” said Schmidt.
In a video, Schmidt said it appears that a vehicle crossed over from the westbound lanes into the eastbound ones.
“The collision is massive,” he says.
The crash prompted an enormous fire and a major backup.
The affected portion of the highway was closed for a number of hours following the crash.
Another video of the aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, can be seen here.
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy
- VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Crash shuts down all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings