VIDEO: 100 Car Pile-Up in Bowmanville
If you thought the massive 40-car pile-up in the 410 in Mississauga was bad, be thankful you weren't traveling down the 401 in Bowmanville over the weekend.
On Jan. 7, the OPP announced that it had to close both the east and westbound sides of the highway in Bowmanville for several hours due to abysmal road conditions. The OPP reports that officers responded to multiple collisions that involved approximately 100 vehicles.
Yup, you read that right—100 cars.
A tractor trailer jackknifed and rolled over during the incident and several people were transported to hospital with minor injuries.
In the fvideo, you can see the general disarray that resulted from the poor conditions.
Thankfully, no fatalities or serious injuries occurred and all involved parties who were taken to hospital have since been released.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Serious Collision in Mississauga Leaves 2 People With Critical Injuries
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crash on Highway 403 in Mississauga
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 625 new cases and on track for 1,000 a day, modelling shows
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Many businesses forced to freeze salaries next year due to pandemic