Victim in Mississauga Shooting Identified as London Woman
The investigation into a fatal shooting in Mississauga continues.
Around 2:50 a.m. on Monday, July 8, officers responded to a bar in the area of Torbram and Drew Road for a shooting.
“Upon arrival, a 24-year-old woman from London was located at the scene suffering from a gunshot wound and died as a result of her injury,” police say.
The victim’s full identity will not be released at this time.
This is the tenth homicide of the year in Peel.
Investigators believe there were several witnesses in the area that they have not spoken to yet.
Witnesses and anyone else with information are asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Mayor and public health reveal Mississauga neighbourhood with higher concentration of COVID-19 cases
- Protest against anti-Black racism planned for Mississauga
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- A list of Black-owned businesses in Mississauga
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie addresses calls to defund Peel Regional Police