UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
A suspect is outstanding after an early morning shooting where a 25-year-old woman was shot and killed in Mississauga. The woman’s identity has now been confirmed by Peel Regional Police.
On Monday March 5, 2018, the incident took place at 5 a.m. near Dixie and Rathburn.
The victim, now identified by police as 25-year-old Alicia Lewandowski, was found outside of a townhouse complex with life-threatening injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect and victim knew each other, said Peel Regional Police Const. Harinder Sohi. Police say the man is the victim's boyfriend.
Investigators have identified the suspect as 39-year-old Joseph Chang. The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
According to police, the man is driving a black Infiniti with Ontario licence plates CAXM 834.
Don't approach the suspect if you see him, warn police.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 immediately.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- PHOTOS: Police Hunt Suspect in Mississauga Murder
- Police Searching For Mississauga Shooting Suspect Who is Considered Dangerous
- UPDATED: Woman Dead in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Searching for Nightclub Shooting Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga