Veterans Ride MiWay Free on Remembrance Day
Canadian Forces veterans and their companion can ride free on MiWay on Remembrance Day, Wednesday, November 11.
"MiWay honours our Canadian veterans who are our parents, aunts, uncles, children and our heroes," said Geoff Marinoff, director of transit. "They selflessly put their lives on the line to further freedom throughout the world. On Remembrance Day, we proudly salute our veterans and encourage them to ride with MiWay for free."
Marinoff asks veterans to wear their uniform and, or, medals and let transit operators know if a companion is travelling with them so they too may ride free.
MiWay buses and operators will pause on November 11 at 11 a.m. for two minutes of silence to recognize Canadian veterans for their sacrifices during wars and peace missions around the world.
Let MiWay take you to the Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Mississauga Civic Centre. The ceremony will be held in front of the Community Memorial in the northwest corner of Mississauga Celebration Square. The ceremony will begin at 10:45 a.m. on November 11.
- Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- MiWay offering free transit to veterans later this month in Mississauga
- Here’s Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- Some Mississauga Residents Can Ride the Bus for Free on Remembrance Day
- Some Residents Can Ride MiWay for Free Soon
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault