Veterans Ride MiWay Free on Remembrance Day
Canadian Forces veterans and their companion can ride free on MiWay on Remembrance Day, Wednesday, November 11.
"MiWay honours our Canadian veterans who are our parents, aunts, uncles, children and our heroes," said Geoff Marinoff, director of transit. "They selflessly put their lives on the line to further freedom throughout the world. On Remembrance Day, we proudly salute our veterans and encourage them to ride with MiWay for free."
Marinoff asks veterans to wear their uniform and, or, medals and let transit operators know if a companion is travelling with them so they too may ride free.
MiWay buses and operators will pause on November 11 at 11 a.m. for two minutes of silence to recognize Canadian veterans for their sacrifices during wars and peace missions around the world.
Let MiWay take you to the Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Mississauga Civic Centre. The ceremony will be held in front of the Community Memorial in the northwest corner of Mississauga Celebration Square. The ceremony will begin at 10:45 a.m. on November 11.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- Mississauga up to 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga