Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
With Remembrance Day fast approaching, Mississauga is doing its part to thank veterans for their service.
MiWay recently announced that Canadian Forces Veterans and their companions can enjoy free rides on Friday, Nov. 11 for Remembrance Day.
"Our veterans are our heroes. Their courage, service and sacrifice can never be forgotten," said Geoff Marinoff, director of transit. "We encourage our veterans to ride MiWay for free alone or with a companion, who they can identify to the transit operator."
In order for veterans to receive complimentary bus service, they will have to provide proof of service. They can either wear their uniforms or medals or carry items that identify them as veterans.
Also, all transit operators will stop their buses for two minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m. on Nov. 11.
There will also be a Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Mississauga Civic Centre in from the Community Memorial at 10:45 a.m.
- MiWay offering free transit to veterans later this month in Mississauga
- Here’s Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- Some Mississauga Residents Can Ride the Bus for Free on Remembrance Day
- Here’s What’s Happening for Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Eligible for Free MiWay Ride Soon
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk