Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
With Remembrance Day fast approaching, Mississauga is doing its part to thank veterans for their service.
MiWay recently announced that Canadian Forces Veterans and their companions can enjoy free rides on Friday, Nov. 11 for Remembrance Day.
"Our veterans are our heroes. Their courage, service and sacrifice can never be forgotten," said Geoff Marinoff, director of transit. "We encourage our veterans to ride MiWay for free alone or with a companion, who they can identify to the transit operator."
In order for veterans to receive complimentary bus service, they will have to provide proof of service. They can either wear their uniforms or medals or carry items that identify them as veterans.
Also, all transit operators will stop their buses for two minutes of silence at 11:00 a.m. on Nov. 11.
There will also be a Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Mississauga Civic Centre in from the Community Memorial at 10:45 a.m.
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Popular Grocery Store Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Magnificent $5.3 Mil Mansion with Tennis Court
- Teen Caught Driving Insane Speed on 403 in Mississauga
- Robbery Suspects Flee After Crashing Vehicle in Mississauga