Veteran WR Posey re-signs with Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday (Feb. 5) the football club has re-signed American wide receiver DeVier Posey.
Posey, 30, signed a one-year deal with the Tiger-Cats on Feb. 12, 2020, after starting 12 games at receiver for the Montreal Alouettes in 2019 and registering 50 receptions for 780 yards and three touchdowns.
The 6-2, 210-pound native of Redwood City, California has appeared in 36 career Canadian Football League games over four seasons with the Toronto Argonauts (2016-17), BC Lions (2018) and Alouettes (2019), posting 144 receptions for 2,080 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Posey also won the 105th Grey Cup with the Argonauts and was named the game’s Most Outstanding Player after hauling in seven receptions for 175 yards, including a Grey Cup record 100-yard touchdown reception.
Prior to his CFL tenure, Posey played 26 games in the National Football League with the Houston Texans over three seasons (2012-14), accumulating 22 receptions for 272 yards.
Posey also spent time in the NFL with the New York Jets (2015), Denver Broncos (2016) and Baltimore Ravens (2018). The Ohio State product was originally selected by Houston in the third round, 68th overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats sign former NFL running back Marshall, 2 other Americans
- C.J. Gable signs one-day contract with Hamilton Tiger-Cats, announces retirement at age 33
- Brampton's Acheampong signs CFL deal with Argonauts
- Hamilton's Grey Cup weekend gets moved as CFL revises 2021 schedule
- Brampton's Josh Palmer excels at U.S. college football showcase
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases