Veteran WR Posey re-signs with Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Friday (Feb. 5) the football club has re-signed American wide receiver DeVier Posey.
Posey, 30, signed a one-year deal with the Tiger-Cats on Feb. 12, 2020, after starting 12 games at receiver for the Montreal Alouettes in 2019 and registering 50 receptions for 780 yards and three touchdowns.
The 6-2, 210-pound native of Redwood City, California has appeared in 36 career Canadian Football League games over four seasons with the Toronto Argonauts (2016-17), BC Lions (2018) and Alouettes (2019), posting 144 receptions for 2,080 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Posey also won the 105th Grey Cup with the Argonauts and was named the game’s Most Outstanding Player after hauling in seven receptions for 175 yards, including a Grey Cup record 100-yard touchdown reception.
Prior to his CFL tenure, Posey played 26 games in the National Football League with the Houston Texans over three seasons (2012-14), accumulating 22 receptions for 272 yards.
Posey also spent time in the NFL with the New York Jets (2015), Denver Broncos (2016) and Baltimore Ravens (2018). The Ohio State product was originally selected by Houston in the third round, 68th overall, in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats sign former NFL running back Marshall, 2 other Americans
- Brampton's Josh Palmer excels at U.S. college football showcase
- Toronto Zoo taking precautions with big cats after tiger in N.Y. gets COVID-19
- The forgotten Grey Cup history of Hamilton’s oldest sports park
- Mississauga Cracking Down on Ugly Yards
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26