Very Popular Restaurant Shutters Well-Known Location in Mississauga
A restaurant doesn't have to be around for years and years to make a massive impression on the community—it simply has to be good.
One of those restaurants is Border MX, an authentic Mexican resto with phenomenal fish tacos (among other dishes) that reinvigorated the city's modest Mexican food scene when it opened its first location in the Dundas and Hurontario a few short years ago.
Now, however, it looks like that first location is no more.
Border MX operators recently shuttered their 5&10 location, shocking locals who were surprised to see signage indicating that Yumys Chicken and Seafood is set to take over the space.
But while the closure has come as a shock to many, diners should note that Border MX still operating its new Streetsville location.
For those who don't remember, the resto surprised (in a good way) the foodie community when it announced that it would be taking over the space once occupied by Cantina Mexicana back in the summer of 2017.
Border's Streetsville location boasts a more spacious interior, some impressive murals and a patio.
And while nothing is confirmed, co-owner Jorge Ortega says he has big plans for Border MX (so trust us when we say the beloved Mexican joint is going anywhere).
So while patrons might miss the Cooksville location, they should take comfort in the fact that the restaurant is still alive and well.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton