Vehicle knocks down street light at major Mississauga intersection
A roadway is blocked following a collision this afternoon.
Police were called shortly after 5:00 p.m. regarding a vehicle that struck a pole at the intersection of Queensway East and Dixie Road.
Minor injuries are reported.
The street light has been knocked down and westbound Queensway is currently blocked, police say.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and use alternate routes for now.
Police report that the vehicle’s driver has been taken into custody for impaired driving.
The Queensway closure is expected to last for several more hours.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Collision Knocks Down Traffic Light at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Road Closed After Vehicle Knocks Down Pole in Mississauga
- Driver in Custody Following Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Police investigating collision in Mississauga involving street light
- Impaired Driver Involved in Collision at a Major Intersection in Mississauga