Vehicle knocks down street light at major Mississauga intersection
A roadway is blocked following a collision this afternoon.
Police were called shortly after 5:00 p.m. regarding a vehicle that struck a pole at the intersection of Queensway East and Dixie Road.
Minor injuries are reported.
The street light has been knocked down and westbound Queensway is currently blocked, police say.
Residents are asked to avoid the area and use alternate routes for now.
Police report that the vehicle’s driver has been taken into custody for impaired driving.
The Queensway closure is expected to last for several more hours.
- Collision Knocks Down Traffic Light at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Collision knocks down pole at Mississauga intersection
- Road Closed After Vehicle Knocks Down Pole in Mississauga
- Driver in Custody Following Rollover Crash in Mississauga
- Impaired Driver Involved in Collision at a Major Intersection in Mississauga
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store