Vegan cheese products now available in Canada
Have you considered going vegan, but you don't want to give up cheese? There's good news, now you don't have to... sort of.
Greek company Violife has announced it's bringing its 100 per cent vegan cheese alternative products to Canada (just in time for the holidays).
“We are thrilled to bring the taste and versatility of cheese to cheese-loving Canadians, but without the dairy,” Shoshana Price, brand director for Upfield Canada, said in a news release.
“Violife can be enjoyed by everyone - whether they’re vegan, dairy-free, or wanting to eat more plant-forward. As more and more Canadians switch to a plant-based diet, Violife offers the tasty indulgence of a delicious traditional dairy cheese but made with the goodness of plants," she continued.
Violife's products are free of nuts, soy, gluten, lactose, casein and preservatives--they're made using non-GMO ingredients, including coconut oil, and are kosher-certified.
These products are available in five different formats, including:
- Shreds: cheddar-style and mozzarella-style
- Slices: cheddar-style, mature cheddar-style, smoked provolone-style
- Cream Cheese Alternative: creamy original
- Wedge: parmesan-style
- Block: feta-style
They can be found in the dairy, produce and natural foods sections at major and specialty food retailers across Canada.
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined