Used technology drive coming to Mississauga
If you have an old cell phone, laptop, tablet, camera, game console or another electronic device that you want to get rid of, you can now donate it to a good cause.
Let's Get Together has partnered with Raptors 905 to host a tech collection drive at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga.
The drive, hosted by Raptors 905, will take place on Oct. 17 from 10 am to 3 pm.
Let's Get Together says that the donations will be recycled or refurbished and circulated back to the community to support individuals and families looking for access to technology.
"To help us close the digital divide, we need to kickstart the flow of donations by encouraging residents, organizations and businesses to collect their used, unwanted, broken technology and donate them to us," Alison Canning, Let's Get Together, said on the event website.
"By doing this, they will help both their community and our environment. We're incredibly fortunate to have amazing partners help us by offering to host technology drives at this time. Safety remains a priority. All COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place."
The website says that physical distancing will be observed at the upcoming drive, which will be held outdoors.
As for what donations will be accepted, the site says that residents can bring computers (laptops and desktops), computer monitors, computer accessories, flatscreen TVs, printers, scanners, cell phones, tablets, cameras, gaming equipment, USB keys and more.
Electronics that will not be accepted include personal electronics (such as shavers and toothbrushes), household appliances (such as microwaves, blenders and toasters), kitchen appliances (such as refrigerators, stoves and coffee makers) and large tube TVs
According to the website, the last tech collect drive in Mississauga collected over 3,000 pounds of donations
To learn more, click here.
- Donate Used Clothing and Electronics This Week in Mississauga
- A drive-in Raptors viewing party is coming to Mississauga
- Region of Peel accepting personal protective equipment (PPE) donations
- Here’s how you can attend a drive-in Raptors viewing party in Mississauga
- Drive-in event space coming to Square One in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga