Upgrades worth $1.4 million coming to Brampton's Chinguacousy Wellness Centre
Brampton's Chinguacousy Wellness Centre will be getting a facelift.
The fitness and health centre, located near Bramalea Rd. and Bovaird Dr., is set for approximately $1.4 million worth of upgrades through a joint funding effort by the federal and provincial governments along with the City of Brampton.
The project will consist of both interior and exterior renovations to the building meant to improve overall accessibility and include new washrooms, change rooms, a sauna, locker amenities, and shower facilities. Upgraded floor drainage in all areas, including retiling of the hot tub area, will also enhance safety.
On the building’s exterior, repairs to the walkways and catch basins will improve drainage on the north side. Upgraded parking lot lighting will include brighter, more energy efficient fixtures.
In making the announcement for the funding, Brampton North MP Ruby Sahota said facilities such as the Chinguacousy Wellness Centre help promote inclusiveness and sustainable communities.
She said her own family has relied on the building and that it is proven to help get people on their feet and moving as well helping them to connect with others.
"It is a place that truly builds communities and brings people closer together," she said.
Chinguacousy Wellness Centre remains closed due to the province-wide shutdown in response to COVID-19. The renovations are expected to take place starting this spring.
- Brampton firefighters on the scene in the area of Queen and Chinguacousy
- Mississauga's Erin Mills Town Centre VS Brampton's Bramalea City Centre
- Mississauga hospitals receiving over $3 million from the province for upgrades and repairs
- Changes coming to Burnhamthorpe Community Centre in Mississauga
- These Mississauga Schools Have Received Over $1 Million in Upgrades
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”
- Mississauga man arrested for drug trafficking