UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: Significant Rainfall Continuing in Mississauga
A weather statement issued for heavy rainfall remains in effect today.
According to Environment Canada, periods of rain will become heavier once again early this morning (Saturday, April 20) with amounts of 15 to 25 mm are possible by this evening.
The rain is expected to taper off to drizzle this evening and completely stop by Sunday morning.
“Although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas,” Environment Canada reports.
We’ll update with any further weather statements regarding this rain.
- UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
- 'Significant rainfall' warning issued for Mississauga
- Rain Alert in Effect for Mississauga
- WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga