UPDATED WEATHER STATEMENT: 80 km/h Winds and Freezing Rain to Hit Mississauga
Residents should be prepared for some strong and messy weather expected today and tomorrow.
Environment Canada is expecting freezing rain to begin late this evening (Saturday, March 9), with rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm possible by Sunday morning.
“Ponding of water on streets with blocked storm drains and in low lying areas is possible,” EC reports.
On Sunday, southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h will develop and continue for much of the day.
The freezing rain is associated with a Colorado Low that will track through Northeastern Ontario on Sunday.
Residents should be cautious when travelling, as the freezing rain will cause highways, roads, walkways and other surfaces to become slippery.
We’ll update with any further weather statements as they come.
Stay safe, Mississauga!
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga