UPDATE: Two People Dead Following Collision on 401 in Mississauga
Two people have been pronounced dead following a collision on the 401 in Mississauga.
According to Sgt Kerry Schmidt of the OPP, the collision occurred last night (August 11) around 9:30 on the 401 eastbound just approaching Dixie Road.
Schmidt said that a transport truck was cut off by a red Corvette and lost control, and took out a Mazda.
The driver of the transport truck was able to escape injury, and the passenger of the Corvette and the driver of the Mazda have both been released from the hospital.
However, the 34-year-old driver of the Corvette and the 77-year-old passenger of the Mazda have both been pronounced dead.
As a result, the 401 eastbound (express and collectors) are currently closed approaching Dixie Road. And there is a full closure in place approaching highway 10.
The closures are expected to remain in place for several hours.
The investigation is ongoing and OPP are looking for witnesses.
UPDATE:ROAD CLOSURE: #Hwy401 EB Collectors lanes can now access #Hwy410 / #Hwy403 ramps - Express lanes remain CLOSED at Hurontario St - due to a fatal motor vehicle collision. Traffic able to re-enter at Dixie Rd. ^ag— OPP GTA Traffic (@OPP_GTATraffic) August 12, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Schmidt.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire breaks out on highway in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Identify Two People Killed in Fiery 401 Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga