UPDATE: Two Daycares Under Hold and Secure Following Shooting in Mississauga
Officers are continuing to investigate a shooting in Mississauga this morning.
Police got a call for the incident, which happened in the area of Dundas Street East and Cawthra Road, at 11:18 a.m.
Paramedics are tending to one male victim whose injuries remain unknown at this time.
As a result of the shooting, two daycares in the area — Mini Skool and Maya Bee — are under hold and secure.
No suspect description is available at this time.
Further updates to come.
At 12:00 p.m., Peel Paramedics reported that the victim is being taken to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition.
Northbound Tomken Road from Dundas and Southbound Tomken at Homeric Drive are blocked, with traffic delays expected.
Residents should avoid the area.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- T&T CEO and Bonnie Crombie address racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store
- Man threatened staff at Mississauga clinic after being asked to wear a mask: Police
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: 407 closed due to massive fire
- Potential COVID-19 exposure identified on flight from Pearson Airport in Mississauga