UPDATE: Thousands of Brampton residents lose power
A power outage affected thousands of Brampton residents and businesspeople on Friday.
At 5:53 p.m. on Friday (June 11), Alectra Utilities said 6,877 businesses and homes were affected by a power outage. The affected area stretched from Dixie Road to Hwy 50 and from Mayfield Road to Cottrelle Boulevard.
By 7:30, all weer back up and running.
Update: Power #Outage #Brampton affecting 6877 homes and businesses in the Dixie Rd to Hwy 50 from Mayfield Rd to Cottrelle Blvd area. Crews continue investigating. No ETR. For more information: https://t.co/9jBwbUuwpQ— Alectra (@alectranews) June 11, 2021
All power has now been restored in #Brampton. If you are still without power please call 1-833-ALECTRA. Thank you for your patience. ^pa— Alectra (@alectranews) June 11, 2021
The utility’s progress with restoring power outages may be tracked at brampton.alectrautilities.com/outages.
It was the second outage in the area in as many days,. On Thursday, 186 homes and businesses in Mississauga lost power. That outage was resolved after 21/2 hours.
- UPDATE: Power outage hits area of Brampton
- UPDATE: 5,700 Hamilton homes, businesses affected by power outage as storm hits
- Power outage affecting homes, businesses in West Brampton
- Over 650 homes, businesses in Hamilton's Stoney Creek area affected by power outage
- UPDATE: Power outage hits area of Mississauga
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Police after four suspects who stole $10,000 of items from Milton Shoppers Drug Mart