Toddler dies after being struck by car at apartment complex in Mississauga
Police say a 19-month-old boy is dead after being struck by a car at an apartment complex.
Peel Regional Police say the incident happened Wednesday just before 5:30 p.m. in Mississauga.
They say the driver remained on the scene and helped transport the boy and his mother to a nearby hospital.
Investigators say the toddler was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
They say the boy was the only person injured in the incident.
The force's major collision bureau continues to investigate.
- UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Disturbance at Apartment Complex in Mississauga
- Police seeking witnesses after toddler killed by delivery truck in Mississauga
- Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
- Woman Dies After Being Struck by Transport Truck in Mississauga
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Crews responding to house explosion and fire in Hamilton
- City orders Mississauga gym to close but owner refuses
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend