UPDATE: Suspect taken into custody after hours-long standoff with police in Mississauga
After an hours-long standoff, police have taken a suspect into custody.
On Thursday morning (January 28) Peel Regional Police (PRP) tweeted a man with a weapon had barricaded himself inside of a residence in the Lundene Drive and Cramer Street area.
Before PRP arrived, the other residents of the home were able to safely exit, leaving the man, who refused to leave. Police brought in a negotiator during the standoff to ensure it ended peacefully.
Finally, more than 12 hours after the initial call, PRP tweeted the standoff had been resolved, and the man had been taken into custody.
- LATEST: Halton Police have the individual who had barricaded themselves in Oakville in custody
- Male in police custody after shooting, nine-hour crisis negotiation in Oakville
- Suspect in Custody Following Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Suspect in Custody for Robbery with Knife in Mississauga
- Police searching for a suspect armed with a dangerous weapon in Mississauga
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in Milton restaurant robbery
- Mississauga murder victim identified, police seek witnesses
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Province accelerates date when residents of Mississauga and Brampton can get second COVID-19 vaccination