UPDATE: SIU Investigating Circumstances of Man's Death in Mississauga
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is conducting an investigation following the death of a man in Mississauga this morning.
Around 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 25, Peel Police officers attended a residence on Edgeleigh Avenue in regards to a domestic situation.
Before police arrived, it’s reported that a 27 year old man left the residence. He was later located in the backyard of a residence on Ogden Avenue.
“While officers were present, the man sustained a gunshot wound and was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead,” the SIU said in a statement. “No officer discharged a firearm.”
Four investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this investigation, according to the report.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Police Officer Fired Shots at Driver in Mississauga
- Two Dead and One Child Injured After Stabbing Incident in Peel
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots