UPDATE: SIU Investigating Circumstances of Man's Death in Mississauga
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is conducting an investigation following the death of a man in Mississauga this morning.
Around 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 25, Peel Police officers attended a residence on Edgeleigh Avenue in regards to a domestic situation.
Before police arrived, it’s reported that a 27 year old man left the residence. He was later located in the backyard of a residence on Ogden Avenue.
“While officers were present, the man sustained a gunshot wound and was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead,” the SIU said in a statement. “No officer discharged a firearm.”
Four investigators and two forensic investigators have been assigned to this investigation, according to the report.
Anyone with relevant information is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
- Investigation into police-involved shooting of woman in Mississauga almost complete: SIU
- Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after man seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- UPDATE: SIU investigating one subject officer and nine witness officers in fatal Mississauga shooting
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga