UPDATE: Results of Oceans Health Inspection Revealed
The reason for Oceans Food's mysterious closure last Friday has finally been revealed.
According to the Peel inspector who conducted the health inspection at the Hurontario location, Oceans was shut down due to a cockroach infestation that affected several areas of the store.
It looks like the problem was dealt with rather quickly, as the store reopened for business shortly after. No charges have been laid in connection with the health inspection.
As for Peel, their delay in updating their public records is fairly understandable — they add inspection results to their site the following business day at around 6 p.m.
The inspection happening on a Friday, as well as the long weekend directly after, meant their records wouldn't be updated until Tuesday afternoon (today). So it's less a case of negligence and more a case of untimely circumstances that delayed the information from being disclosed to the public.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Mississauga is Asking Residents to Help it Create an Arts and Culture Master Plan
- Oceans Store Temporarily Closed Down in Mississauga Over The Weekend
- CLOSURE: Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Takeout Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Sushi Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Grocery Location Shut Down in Mississauga