UPDATE: Results of Oceans Health Inspection Revealed
The reason for Oceans Food's mysterious closure last Friday has finally been revealed.
According to the Peel inspector who conducted the health inspection at the Hurontario location, Oceans was shut down due to a cockroach infestation that affected several areas of the store.
It looks like the problem was dealt with rather quickly, as the store reopened for business shortly after. No charges have been laid in connection with the health inspection.
As for Peel, their delay in updating their public records is fairly understandable — they add inspection results to their site the following business day at around 6 p.m.
The inspection happening on a Friday, as well as the long weekend directly after, meant their records wouldn't be updated until Tuesday afternoon (today). So it's less a case of negligence and more a case of untimely circumstances that delayed the information from being disclosed to the public.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- One-of-a-Kind Bakery Opens First Mississauga Location
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Mississauga
- Oceans Store Temporarily Closed Down in Mississauga Over The Weekend
- UPDATE: Mississauga Restaurant Temporarily Shut Down by Peel Public Health
- CLOSURE: Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Takeout Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Sushi Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Mississauga