UPDATE: Police Release More Information About the Sunday Shooting
Police believe an argument is what spurred the Sunday afternoon shooting near Bristol and Mavis.
The Mississauga News reports that the 21-year-old victim had been arguing with two other people in a house on Amesbury Avenue. Although the topic of discussion is presently unknown, things clearly didn't get resolved peacefully and the victim was shot in the chest.
The victim and suspects fled the scene, according to police. The victim went to a nearby house on Stapleford Terrace and called 911 from there.
Despite his injuries, the victim is expected to recover. Peel police spokesperson Mark Fischer told The News the victim is conscious and alert, and expected to be released from the hospital on Monday.
Police are currently looking for the two suspects, who are both young men thought to be in their 20's. No other information on their appearance or whereabouts has been released.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman celebrating huge $1 million lotto win
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures
- All lanes closed on a major highway due to police investigation
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- Police Say Windsor Homicide Victim Once Lived in Peel
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting