UPDATE: Police Release More Information About the Sunday Shooting
Police believe an argument is what spurred the Sunday afternoon shooting near Bristol and Mavis.
The Mississauga News reports that the 21-year-old victim had been arguing with two other people in a house on Amesbury Avenue. Although the topic of discussion is presently unknown, things clearly didn't get resolved peacefully and the victim was shot in the chest.
The victim and suspects fled the scene, according to police. The victim went to a nearby house on Stapleford Terrace and called 911 from there.
Despite his injuries, the victim is expected to recover. Peel police spokesperson Mark Fischer told The News the victim is conscious and alert, and expected to be released from the hospital on Monday.
Police are currently looking for the two suspects, who are both young men thought to be in their 20's. No other information on their appearance or whereabouts has been released.
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- Police Say Windsor Homicide Victim Once Lived in Peel
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton