UPDATE: Police Release More Information About the Sunday Shooting
Police believe an argument is what spurred the Sunday afternoon shooting near Bristol and Mavis.
The Mississauga News reports that the 21-year-old victim had been arguing with two other people in a house on Amesbury Avenue. Although the topic of discussion is presently unknown, things clearly didn't get resolved peacefully and the victim was shot in the chest.
The victim and suspects fled the scene, according to police. The victim went to a nearby house on Stapleford Terrace and called 911 from there.
Despite his injuries, the victim is expected to recover. Peel police spokesperson Mark Fischer told The News the victim is conscious and alert, and expected to be released from the hospital on Monday.
Police are currently looking for the two suspects, who are both young men thought to be in their 20's. No other information on their appearance or whereabouts has been released.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Robbers escape by air after stealing gold bars from Canadian mine in Mexico
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victim of Fatal Mississauga Shooting
- Police Identify Brampton Shooting Victim Found on the 410 in Mississauga
- Police Say Windsor Homicide Victim Once Lived in Peel
- Police Identify Victim of Mississauga Shooting