UPDATE: Police Release More Information About the Sunday Shooting
Police believe an argument is what spurred the Sunday afternoon shooting near Bristol and Mavis.
The Mississauga News reports that the 21-year-old victim had been arguing with two other people in a house on Amesbury Avenue. Although the topic of discussion is presently unknown, things clearly didn't get resolved peacefully and the victim was shot in the chest.
The victim and suspects fled the scene, according to police. The victim went to a nearby house on Stapleford Terrace and called 911 from there.
Despite his injuries, the victim is expected to recover. Peel police spokesperson Mark Fischer told The News the victim is conscious and alert, and expected to be released from the hospital on Monday.
Police are currently looking for the two suspects, who are both young men thought to be in their 20's. No other information on their appearance or whereabouts has been released.
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- Everything We Know So Far About the Restaurant Explosion in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspects of Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & UPDATES: Plaza Shut Down Following Explosion in Mississauga