UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are still investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga that has been ruled a homicide.
At 2:21 a.m. this morning, PRP was called to Aquinas Avenue and Sebastian Drive where they found a man suffering from a stab wound. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a report from PRP, the victim—24-year-old Christopher Birrell of no fixed address—was involved in an altercation with another man who is believed to have stabbed him.
PRP is still searching for the suspect, but there is currently no description at this time.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Skies will be clear in Mississauga for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance