UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are still investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga that has been ruled a homicide.
At 2:21 a.m. this morning, PRP was called to Aquinas Avenue and Sebastian Drive where they found a man suffering from a stab wound. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a report from PRP, the victim—24-year-old Christopher Birrell of no fixed address—was involved in an altercation with another man who is believed to have stabbed him.
PRP is still searching for the suspect, but there is currently no description at this time.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Police investigating reports of shots being fired in Mississauga
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario releases new guidelines for treatment during pandemic