UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are still investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga that has been ruled a homicide.
At 2:21 a.m. this morning, PRP was called to Aquinas Avenue and Sebastian Drive where they found a man suffering from a stab wound. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a report from PRP, the victim—24-year-old Christopher Birrell of no fixed address—was involved in an altercation with another man who is believed to have stabbed him.
PRP is still searching for the suspect, but there is currently no description at this time.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga