UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
Peel Regional Police (PRP) are still investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga that has been ruled a homicide.
At 2:21 a.m. this morning, PRP was called to Aquinas Avenue and Sebastian Drive where they found a man suffering from a stab wound. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a report from PRP, the victim—24-year-old Christopher Birrell of no fixed address—was involved in an altercation with another man who is believed to have stabbed him.
PRP is still searching for the suspect, but there is currently no description at this time.
Anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or by visiting their website.
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win