UPDATE: Police are urging witnesses of shooting involving seven-year-old boy in Hamilton to come forward
Police are still investigating a shooting that left a seven-year-old child injured tonight in Hamilton.
According to an update from Hamilton Deputy Police Chief Frank Bergen, the child, a boy, was shot while he was inside a home in the area of Gordon Street and Cavell Avenue by a suspect from outside the house.
The victim was rushed to a hospital and is currently in stable condition.
At this time, due to the fact the investigation is on-going, Hamilton Police are not releasing any information regarding a description of the suspect or any vehicles involved.
Hamilton Police are urging anyone with relevant information to contact them at 905-546-4925.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Mississauga firefighter tests positive for COVID-19
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- Police Investigating After Mississauga Man Dies in Hamilton
- Police Release Identity of Mississauga Man Killed in Hamilton
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- UPDATE: Police Release More Information About the Sunday Shooting