UPDATE: Peel reporting 184 COVID-19 cases at Mississauga long-term care home
Published May 3, 2020 at 3:00 am
The number of COVID-19 cases at a long-term care home in Mississauga has been quickly increasing, according to Peel Region’s data.
An outbreak was recently declared at Camilla Care Community, located at the intersection of Hurontario and Queensway, with confirmation from the facility that 50 residents had tested positive for the virus as of April 29.
Today, May 2, the region reports 154 resident cases and 30 staff cases for a total of 184 cases at the home.
At this time, 14 resident deaths have been reported.
The home says it is working closely with public health and has implemented the following measures:
- Isolation protocols are in place throughout all Home Areas.
- All team members are wearing surgical face masks and having their temperature taken twice per shift.
- Frequent monitoring of all residents’ health, including temperatures checked twice daily.
- Rigorous frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- No non-essential visitors and active screening for any essential visitor, including temperature checks continues.
More information on COVID-19 outbreaks can be seen here.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies