UPDATE: Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga Pronounced Dead
It has been confirmed that the pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle in the Hurontario and Elia Ave/Kingsbridge Garden Circle area earlier today has died.
According to CP24, a 76-year-old woman succumbed to her injuries after the collision.
Shortly after 1:00 p.m., Peel police reported that a pedestrian was hit in central Mississauga. After the incident, northbound Hurontario from Hwy 403 and southbound Hurontario from Eglinton were closed as a result of the accident.
Motorists cannot use affected portions of Hurontario at this time and 403 access is limited as a result.
Initially, Police announced that the victim had life-threatening injuries.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
- Pedestrian Suffers Serious Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Sustains Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga Pronounced Dead, Driver Fled
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga