UPDATE: Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga Pronounced Dead
It has been confirmed that the pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle in the Hurontario and Elia Ave/Kingsbridge Garden Circle area earlier today has died.
According to CP24, a 76-year-old woman succumbed to her injuries after the collision.
Shortly after 1:00 p.m., Peel police reported that a pedestrian was hit in central Mississauga. After the incident, northbound Hurontario from Hwy 403 and southbound Hurontario from Eglinton were closed as a result of the accident.
Motorists cannot use affected portions of Hurontario at this time and 403 access is limited as a result.
Initially, Police announced that the victim had life-threatening injuries.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Pedestrian Suffers Serious Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Sustains Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Hurontario Street closed in Mississauga due to collision
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in collision in Mississauga
- Serious injuries reported after pedestrian struck in Mississauga