UPDATE: One in Custody After Suspicious Package Reported in Mississauga
Police have one person in custody following an investigation into a suspicious package this evening.
Police say the incident began as a dispute between employees at a restaurant in the area of Confederation Parkway and Arbutus Way, west of Burnhamthorpe.
According to police, an employee left a threatening note on top of a package. The package was thrown out of the restaurant.
Police got a call at 9:30 p.m. and attended the scene, where they determined that the package was not dangerous.
One person has been taken into custody for uttering threats, police say.
There is no threat to public safety.
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Suspicious package being investigated by police in Mississauga
- Police and hazmat respond to suspicious package in Hamilton
- Police Investigating a Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga