UPDATE: One in Custody After Suspicious Package Reported in Mississauga
Police have one person in custody following an investigation into a suspicious package this evening.
Police say the incident began as a dispute between employees at a restaurant in the area of Confederation Parkway and Arbutus Way, west of Burnhamthorpe.
According to police, an employee left a threatening note on top of a package. The package was thrown out of the restaurant.
Police got a call at 9:30 p.m. and attended the scene, where they determined that the package was not dangerous.
One person has been taken into custody for uttering threats, police say.
There is no threat to public safety.
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Suspicious package being investigated by police in Mississauga
- Police Investigating a Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe