UPDATE: One in Custody After Suspicious Package Reported in Mississauga
Police have one person in custody following an investigation into a suspicious package this evening.
Police say the incident began as a dispute between employees at a restaurant in the area of Confederation Parkway and Arbutus Way, west of Burnhamthorpe.
According to police, an employee left a threatening note on top of a package. The package was thrown out of the restaurant.
Police got a call at 9:30 p.m. and attended the scene, where they determined that the package was not dangerous.
One person has been taken into custody for uttering threats, police say.
There is no threat to public safety.
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Suspicious package being investigated by police in Mississauga
- Police and hazmat respond to suspicious package in Hamilton
- Police Investigating a Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga