UPDATE: One in Custody After Suspicious Package Reported in Mississauga
Police have one person in custody following an investigation into a suspicious package this evening.
Police say the incident began as a dispute between employees at a restaurant in the area of Confederation Parkway and Arbutus Way, west of Burnhamthorpe.
According to police, an employee left a threatening note on top of a package. The package was thrown out of the restaurant.
Police got a call at 9:30 p.m. and attended the scene, where they determined that the package was not dangerous.
One person has been taken into custody for uttering threats, police say.
There is no threat to public safety.
- Police Investigating Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Suspicious Package in Mississauga
- Suspicious package being investigated by police in Mississauga
- Police Investigating a Suspicious Package at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Schools in Mississauga in hold and secure due to suspicious package
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Major road closed due to serious crash in Mississauga
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga