UPDATE: Mississauga Woman's Death Now Considered a Homicide
The tragic death of a missing Mississauga woman, who was discovered on Monday March 20, is now being treated as a homicide.
Investigators from the Peel Regional Police Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are currently investigating the death of 43-year-old Cheryl McVarish, which they have called “suspicious.”
At this time, the cause of death is not being disclosed. Despite being a homicide, police believe this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to public safety.
This is the third homicide of the year in the Peel region, according to police.
Anyone with further information on this incident is asked to call investigators at the Homicide and Missing Person's Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3205. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Unique new buses coming to MiWay fleet in Mississauga
- Schools in hold and secure due to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- Police Identify Mississauga's First Homicide Victim of the Year
- Police Investigating Homicide Involving Mother and Son in Mississauga
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
- Police Investigating Homicide of 83 Year Old Woman in Mississauga