UPDATE: Mississauga hit-and-run kills person in wheelchair
Peel Regional Police say a woman in a wheelchair was killed in a hit-and-run on Friday morning.
A black vehicle allegedly left the scene in Mississauga after hitting the woman just before 6:45 a.m.
Investigators say there are some road closures in the area of Dixie Rd and Lakeshore Rd as the Major Collision Bureau examines the scene.
They say they'll provide more info on the suspect vehicle when they have it.
Police confirmed the woman died from the crash less than an hour after the incident.
Investigators say they'll have more updates from the scene.
UPDATE: Police say the suspect vehicle is a Honda sedan with front-end damage.
With files from The Canadian Press
- Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
- Mississauga man arrested after vehicle fatally strikes woman in mobility wheelchair
- Police on Scene After Woman Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Say Road Rage May Be Factor in Crash That Killed 22-Year-Old Woman in Mississauga
- Police on Scene Following Five-Vehicle Crash and Hit and Run in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- Teenage driver crashes into pole in Mississauga while allegedly evading police
- Bonnie Crombie urges patience as cases climb and hospitalization rates remain high in Mississauga
- Air Canada revising refund policy with cancelled flight options