UPDATE: Man in Hospital After Vehicle Struck by GO Train in Mississauga
A man is in a trauma centre following a collision between a vehicle and a train in Mississauga.
Peel police say a call regarding the incident, which occurred in the Alexandra Ave. and Fourth Street area, came in around 12:45 p.m.
Police say a lone male was in the vehicle when it stopped on train tracks.
The train did strike the vehicle, but the male was located outside of the car and was reportedly walking around after the collision.
Police say the man was transported to a trauma centre in non-life-threatening condition.
All trains on the Lakeshore line are stopped in both directions.
Significant delays are to be expected while police investigate and GO Transit cleans up the tracks.
Police say the vehicle has been removed from tracks. Train traffic should be travelling through the area shortly. For more information on train delays, click here.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police on Scene After Vehicle Struck by Train in Mississauga
- Police Identify Man Involved in GO Train Collision in Mississauga
- GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Person Transported To Trauma Centre After Vehicle Drives Into Mississauga Restaurant