UPDATE: Man found dead at scene of a garage fire in Mississauga
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services (FES) are on the scene of a residential fire Tuesday (Nov. 5) afternoon.
Emergencies services were called around 12:45 p.m. to the area of Arbor Road and Northhaven Drive in Mississauga to reports of a detached garage on fire.
A Peel Police tweet confirms that a man was found dead inside the garage and they are asking anyone with any information in relation to this incident to call 2 Division CIB or Crime Stoppers.
A Peel Paramedics tweet says one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Police say the fire is out. It is not yet known if the circumstances behind the blaze are suspicious.
The Fire Marshall will be attending the scene.
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant