UPDATE: Man found dead at scene of a garage fire in Mississauga
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services (FES) are on the scene of a residential fire Tuesday (Nov. 5) afternoon.
Emergencies services were called around 12:45 p.m. to the area of Arbor Road and Northhaven Drive in Mississauga to reports of a detached garage on fire.
A Peel Police tweet confirms that a man was found dead inside the garage and they are asking anyone with any information in relation to this incident to call 2 Division CIB or Crime Stoppers.
A Peel Paramedics tweet says one person was treated for smoke inhalation.
Police say the fire is out. It is not yet known if the circumstances behind the blaze are suspicious.
The Fire Marshall will be attending the scene.
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga