UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Mississauga
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- What's Open and Closed Victoria Day Monday in Mississauga
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse