UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Mississauga
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- PHOTOS: Two new office buildings have just taken shape in Mississauga