UPDATE: Heavy Rain to Persist This Weekend in Mississauga
An ongoing weather alert issued by Environment Canada remains in effect today.
“Total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely by Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario,” the statement reads.
While the ground is no longer frozen, Environment Canada says it still has a limited ability to absorb the heavy rainfall, which may result in water ponding in low-lying areas.
The rain is expected to continue until sometime Sunday morning.
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- Peel Police Searching For Suspect In Connection To Multiple Break And Enters In Mississauga
- Changes Coming to a Building at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Here's How Hot it's Going to Feel in Mississauga This Weekend