UPDATE: Heavy Freezing Rain Expected in Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued an update on their recent weather statement.
The current forecast calls for freezing rain starting this evening (Saturday, March 9) and ending early Sunday, with 15 to 25 mm of rainfall possible.
“Freezing rain is expected to move into Southwestern Ontario this evening and advance eastward to reach the Golden Horseshoe towards midnight,” the statement reads.
While the freezing rain will likely change to rain as temperatures rise above freezing, Environment Canada warns that it may fall heavily.
Following the rainfall, strong southwest winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are expected on Sunday.
Residents, especially those who plan on commuting tonight or tomorrow, are reminded to be cautious as the freezing rain will create slippery roads and walkways.
- Mississauga Massage Therapist Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- PHOTOS: Justin Trudeau Makes Major Budget Announcement in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga Schools in Hold and Secure Following Ongoing Investigation
- PHOTOS: Meadowvale Neighbourhood Could Undergo Massive Redevelopment Soon
- Metrolinx Makes Significant Changes to the LRT in Mississauga