UPDATE: 43 deaths reported at long-term care home in Mississauga
While the number of COVID-19 cases at a Mississauga long-term care home has been quickly increasing, so too has the death count.
According to Peel Region’s public data, there are currently 194 cases at Camilla Care Community (located at the intersection of Hurontario and Queensway), and a total 43 deaths has been reported.
This is the highest death count at a long term care home in Mississauga, with the second highest count of 17 deaths reported at Erin Mills Nursing Home.
An outbreak was originally declared at Camilla after it was confirmed that 50 residents had tested positive for the virus as of April 29.
In order to help slow the spread, the facility has reportedly implemented the following measures:
- Isolation protocols are in place throughout all Home Areas.
- All team members are wearing surgical face masks and having their temperature taken twice per shift.
- Frequent monitoring of all residents’ health, including temperatures checked twice daily.
- Rigorous frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- No non-essential visitors and active screening for any essential visitor, including temperature checks continues.
"We are committed to keeping you informed and will provide updates as things evolve. We willdo everything possible to help you connect with your loved one," said Sienna Senior Living in a recent statement.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- UPDATE: Peel reporting 184 COVID-19 cases at Mississauga long-term care home
- BREAKING: 50 residents test positive for COVID-19 at long-term care facility in Mississauga
- Crosses placed at Mississauga long-term care home as province reports 48 deaths
- Outbreak at Mississauga long-term care home after staff member tests positive for COVID-19
- LATEST: Peel Public Health reporting five COVID-19 outbreaks at long-term care homes in Mississauga
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- A new bakery is now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga long-term care home included in province-wide class action
- 5 Strange Names Once Proposed for Mississauga
- Some Mississauga residents eligible for property tax deferral