UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after being struck by a transport truck while cycling in Mississauga.
Peel police say that the teen was pronounced dead on scene after being struck in the Blundell and Dixie Rd. area around 10:45 am on Sept. 1.
The affected intersection was closed but has since reopened.
Police say the driver of the transport truck remained on scene.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating the incident.
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario