UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after being struck by a transport truck while cycling in Mississauga.
Peel police say that the teen was pronounced dead on scene after being struck in the Blundell and Dixie Rd. area around 10:45 am on Sept. 1.
The affected intersection was closed but has since reopened.
Police say the driver of the transport truck remained on scene.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating the incident.
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of jewelry store robbery in Mississauga
- Health care association urging province to impose more stringent restrictions on non-essential businesses