UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after being struck by a transport truck while cycling in Mississauga.
Peel police say that the teen was pronounced dead on scene after being struck in the Blundell and Dixie Rd. area around 10:45 am on Sept. 1.
The affected intersection was closed but has since reopened.
Police say the driver of the transport truck remained on scene.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating the incident.
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content