UPDATE: 16-year-old cyclist dies after being struck by transport truck in Mississauga
Police say a 16-year-old boy is dead after being struck by a transport truck while cycling in Mississauga.
Peel police say that the teen was pronounced dead on scene after being struck in the Blundell and Dixie Rd. area around 10:45 am on Sept. 1.
The affected intersection was closed but has since reopened.
Police say the driver of the transport truck remained on scene.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating the incident.
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Ontario could announce new restrictions today to curb surging COVID 19 rates
- City of Mississauga planning controlled burn of portion of popular park this weekend
- Ontario's science advisers call for a 6 week stay-at-home order for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario