Upcoming Changes to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
If there’s one thing almost every Mississauga resident has in common, it’s concern about the garbage and recycling schedule.
For that reason, Mississauga residents should know about two major changes this year to the remaining garbage exemption periods.
During an exemption period, residents can put unlimited amounts of acceptable garbage on the curb.
The Region of Peel has changed the upcoming exemption period from the third week of September to September 16 to 27. The second exemption period will move from December 2019 to January 27 to 31 and February 3 to 7.
The Region of Peel is asking all Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon residents to check their collection calendar to find out their exact garbage exemption day.
During the exemption period, residents should put out their extra garbage on their garbage collection day only, not on the recycling collection day.
There is no maximum amount of acceptable garbage (click here for a full list of acceptable items) that residents could put on the curb. Garbage bag tags are not required during the exemption periods.
Each excess garbage bag cannot weigh more than 20 kg (44 lbs), exceed 66 cm (26 in) wide and 90 cm (35 in) high, and fall short of 30 cm (12 in) wide and 30 cm (12 in) high.
The excess garbage bags should be placed close to, but not on top of, each resident's garbage bins. Residents should leave at least 1 m (3 ft.) of clear space between the extra garbage item(s) and the bins.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- Important garbage and waste collection news for Mississauga residents
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga Residents
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection News for Mississauga
- Important Garbage Collection Information for Mississauga