United Way CEO Shelley White Resigns After 13 Years with Organization
The United Way of Peel Region just announced the departure of president and CEO Shelley White, who announced that she will be leaving the organization on Feb. 10.
She has been with the company for 13 years.
"It has been an honour and privilege to lead United Way of Peel Region for the past 13 years. United Way is an extraordinary organization that does such vital work." said White. "I have enjoyed working with our donors, volunteers, staff and partners immensely. I look forward to continuing my relationship with the organization as a donor and volunteer."
According to United Way, the organization refined its investment strategy under White to "focus on the root causes of poverty in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga."
United Way currently works with over 50 agency partners to reduce and prevent poverty and support those in crisis.
The organization reports that over 207,000 lives were impacted by United Way funded programs in communities across Peel last year alone. As Peel grows, the need for poverty awareness and prevention becomes more acute and the organization has done well in partnering with all levels of government and community groups to address issues facing residents in need.
"On behalf of the Board of Directors I would like to thank Shelley for her leadership and significant contributions to the United Way family and our community. There is no doubt about her influence and impact on making the lives of countless members of community better." said Tom Dyck, Chair, Board of Directors.
According to United Way, an Interim President and CEO who will support the experienced executive team and the organization will be named in early February.
- Popular Ikea Product Recalled Following Multiple Deaths
- Police Investigating Overnight Armed Robbery in Mississauga
- Big News About Minimum Wage Legislation in Mississauga and Beyond
- Mississauga Takes Action Against “Disgusting” Insect Infestations in the City
- Vigil for Transgender Victims of Violence Coming to Mississauga
- United Way of Peel Invests in Homelessness Intervention Strategy
- Mississauga Mayor Asking United Nations to Protect Great Lakes
- An Organization is Attempting to Lure People from Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Poverty is Growing in Mississauga
- Region of Peel Moves Forward on Reducing Homelessness in Mississauga