Unique Toronto Dessert Shop Coming to Square One in Mississauga
It looks like this is the year of dessert.
Over the past few weeks, Square One has welcomed a host of new shops specializing in all things sweet—Lindt, Love Me Sweet, Eva’s Originals, Squish Candy and more.
Now, it looks like another popular pastry hotspot from Toronto is about to call Square One home.
Recently, operators at Square One took to social media to tease readers about a new dessert spot slated to open soon. It didn’t reveal the name of the shop, but it looks an awful lot like Nugateau, Canada’s first all-eclair Patisserie.
The brand says it’s known for using authentic French baking techniques and high quality products with no artificial flavourings.
The patisserie offers a host of uniquely flavoured eclairs, including vanilla pecan, lemon meringue, black forest, cookies and milk, matcha jasmine and the ever-timely L’eclair Noir—a charcoal-coloured pastry that sports the on-trend black colouring that’s been driving people wild all year.
The shop even boasts savoury eclairs, including a foie gras pastry (very French and very, very fancy) and one with smoked salmon.
We’ll keep you updated on new opening details as they emerge.
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- Cancel travel plans, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urges Canadians
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Police investigate after shots fired at car in west Mississauga
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga