Unique Restaurant Suddenly Shuts Down in Mississauga
At a time when vegan and vegetarian restaurants are trending, it stands to reason that some omnivores might feel a little left out.
And sadly, it looks like a funky, meat-heavy joint has closed up shop (and perhaps for good).
In 2018, it looked like the "meatatarian" crowd was in for a treat with the opening a decidedly meat-friendly resto that was aptly named Sweet Meat Heads (5089 Dixie Road). The restaurant, which opened in a busy plaza in the Dixie and Eglinton area, appears to have shuttered its doors.
Recently, a notice signifying the termination of the restaurant's lease appeared on the door to the establishment.
According to the notice, the landlord, Dixie Crossings Inc., terminated the lease because the tenant owes $6,676.39 in rent arrears.
The notice indicates the locks on the facility have been changed.
Insauga.com tried calling Sweet Meat Heads and the phone number appears to have been disconnected.
Prior to closing, the resto offered hamburgers, Philly cheesesteak, fries, cakes, ice cream and milkshakes.
Are you sad to see Sweet Meat Heads close?
- PHOTOS: Allegedly impaired driver takes out snow plow in Mississauga
- Syrian refugee family makes new life--and opens new business--in Mississauga
- Police urging Mississauga drivers 'donut' try this yourselves
- Last call to claim winning lotto prize in Mississauga
- New police station coming to Mississauga