Unique New Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
We've said it before, but it bears repeating: When one door closes, another one opens.
And in this case, the door has just opened up to a new African restaurant.
Recently, we found out that Village Suya, Mississauga’s first African street food restaurant, closed.
Village Suya, which was located on Rathburn Rd., was an authentic African grill house that specialized in northern Nigerian street eats known as suya. The restaurant was one of few representing African cuisine in a city that hasn’t yet caught on to the Ethiopian food craze that’s been satisfying Toronto diners for a number of years now.
But fortunately for diners, a new African resto has set up shop in Westwood Mall in Malton and it's working to fill the niche void left by Village Suya.
Naija Jollof serves authentic African/Nigerian dishes, including jollof rice, asun goat meat, akara, dodo (seasoned diced fried plantain), moi moi (blended boiled beans with fish), Somalia mix, homemade chicken spring rolls and more.
The menu, which is pretty vast, also offers dishes named after various African cities. Some menu items diners can try out (or indulge in to feel more at home)? A Johannesburgo (which contains suya meat), a Pretoria (goat meat peppered soup), an Eritrea (rice and beans with chicken), a Kenya Mix (tempura shrimp, chicken nuggets, spring rolls, onion rings and French fries), a Lagos (peppered assorted turkey or chicken) and more.
Naija Jollof also offers smoothies and freshly squeezed orange juice.
So if you have a hankering for some African cuisine, you have a new option in Mississauga.
Photo courtesy of Naija Jollof’s official Facebook page
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga's First African Street Food Restaurant Opens
- First-of-its-Kind Restaurant Closes in Mississauga
- Popular Southern African Chicken Hotspot Opens Brand New Restaurant in Mississauga
- Brand New Chinese Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Iconic Caribbean Restaurant Continues to Impress Diners in Mississauga