Unique New Food Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
Over the past few years, Mississauga has expanded its already fulsome festival schedule with a few food-centric newcomers—namely the mac n' cheese and junk food festivals.
Now, it looks like another cuisine is going to hit the spotlight this spring.
For the first time ever, the city will be home to Mississauga Vegfest. It will be Mississauga's first ever vegan festival.
“Mississauga VegFest is the city's first vegan festival,” the event website reads.
“Over 60 vendors will showcase the GTHA's finest veg-based food, drink, clothing & accessories, products, advocate groups and children's activities.”
The event will no doubt please more health-conscious residents who have been looking to indulge at a meat-free event.
According to the festival's website, the event is all about "embracing a healthy and compassionate lifestyle."
The inaugural event will take place on May 12 in the Port Credit Memorial Arena, and the festivities will kick off at 11:00 a.m. and wrap up at 6:00 p.m.
As for what to expect, organizers say they are looking to wow attendees with good food, ethical clothing and accessories, conscious personal care items, and more.
"We are a loving group of people who have learned how to make global change starting at the kitchen table," organizers say. "This event is truly a labour of love. Created and hosted by residents who are passionate about promoting the veg lifestyle. We want people to be more aware of the impact of their everyday choices and to join us on the journey of compassion and wellness for all."
In terms of food, organizers say the festival will feature a wide variety of vendors and food trucks from Mississauga and surrounding cities. There will also be a parent and child retreat that families can use to escape the bustle or nurse/feed in a quieter area.
Festival vendors will include Sausage Party (a vegetarian hot dog company), Firebat Coffee, My Olive, Sweet Sunshine Ice Cream, Sick on Sin (a company that makes vegan-centric tees, pins and magnets), Sudsartorium (vegan skincare products), Studio.89, Dolled Up Desserts, Eva’s Original Chimneys, Meraki Aromatherapy and more.
There will not be a cover or entrance fee.
For more information, click here.
- Popular food festival returning to Mississauga soon
- A Huge Food Festival is Coming to Mississauga This Spring
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Popular Food Truck Festival Coming to Mississauga for the First Time Ever
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga