Unique New Co-Working Space Opening in Mississauga
If there's one concept that's being fundamentally revolutionized, it's the idea of the traditional workspace. Gone are the bland cubicles and stuffy dress codes and in are the vibrant, stylish and open-concept spaces that allow people to interact and engage.
Sometimes in interesting spaces.
Recently, MindShare Workspace announced that it's about to open Canada’s first shopping mall-located coworking innovation space. Although the space isn't available for everyone just yet, it has opened its doors to "prospective founding members" at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga.
As for what users can expect, the MindShare Workspace features:
- 4,000 sq. ft. of flexible coworking space with state-of-the-art technology, modern dedicated desks, private offices and meeting rooms
- Podcasting/video studio
- Classroom Innovation Space for leadership training, community outreach programs and life-long learning workshops
- startup weekend challenges and networking events
- Weekend Robotics, Coding, DIY workshops for kids and adults
The MindShare Workspace is the brainchild of Mississauga entrepreneur Robert Martellacci, who founded MindShare Learning Technology.
Martellacci specializes in learning, technology and change leadership and hosts a national tech and learning conference in partnership with MaRs Discovery District and York University.
“The MindShare Workspace was inspired by our work in the education space and really redefines the future of work and learning, providing opportunities for Mississauga startups and small business leaders from all sectors to live, work, and learn in their own backyard,” says Robert Martellacci, founder & CEO, MindShare Workspace.
Communal workspace geared towards remote workers and startups have been flourishing for sometime now. Earlier this year, co-working space Spacebar opened its doors in the Meadowvale area. Prior to that, Venture X opened in City Centre.
According to operators, the MindShare Workspace is "a state-of-the-art innovation space designed to inspire you to work hard, connect with a diverse group of professionals, and have fun."
The space will also add some diversity to the retail scene at the newly rejuvenated Erin Mills Town Centre—a space that just enjoyed a multi-million dollar facelift.
Founding member pre-construction pricing is available at 20 per cent off all standard pricing options.
As far as standard pricing goes, virtual business travelers can use the space for $199 a month. The drop-in hot desk is $399 a month, the dedicated private desk is $569 and private offices start at $1,196.
“We are happy to have MindShare Workspace join us at Erin Mills Town Centre, and are sure it will add great value to our customer offering and to the community. It is the first of its kind in a shopping centre and we are excited about the possibilities,” says Francesca Bourre, ,arketing director, Erin Mills Town Centre.
MindShare Workspace is officially slated to open Dec. 1.
- Two Overnight Shootings in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Prices for one and two-bedroom apartments falling slightly in Mississauga
- Pedestrian in critical condition after being struck at Steeles Ave
- Paramedics attending highway collision in Mississauga
- Unique New Co-Working Space Now Open in Mississauga
- Super Cool Office Space with Cafe Opening in Mississauga
- Something Very Unique Has Officially Opened at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Popular Cafe Opens New Location in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Brand New Co-Working Space and Fitness Facility Opens in Mississauga