Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
If you love to shop for organic groceries while out and about in Port Credit—especially before or after you hit Elmwood Meat Market—we have some bad news for you.
Planet Organic Market, which is located on Lakeshore Rd, just east of Hurontario St., appears to have closed down following the termination of its lease.
According to a notice posted on the grocery store's front door, the lease has been terminated due to non-payment of rent.
The notice states that operators were notified of the non-payment on Jan 21.
"The landlord of the leased properties hereby gives you notice that, due to non-payment rent, of which you were notified on January 21, 2020, the lease is terminated effective immediately and the landlord is hereby taking possession of the leased premises," the notice reads.
According to Planet Organic Market's website, the brand—which operates multiple locations in Alberta and British Columbia—was founded by a husband and wife team in Edmonton in 1993.
The Mississauga location is the only Ontario location listed on the brand's website.
It looks those in the market for organic groceries have to switch to Goodness Me or Whole Foods to get their fix of wholesome goods.
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Severe thunderstorms and flooding possible in Mississauga