Unique Film Festival Coming to Mississauga Soon
You might think you have to travel outside of Mississauga to check out a film festival, but that's actually not true.
While the Mississauga Independent Film Festival hasn't happened in a few years (and it's very much missed, as it really was a spectacular production), Mississauga is actually no stranger to film festivals. As many movie buffs might know, the Mosaic International South Asian Film Festival has also graced the city.
And now, another unique festival is making its way to Mississauga.
Filmhive, a not-for-profit creative community for filmmakers and media artists in Mississauga, recently announced that it will be showcasing the work of local, award-winning filmmakers at a weekend-long festival.
PopUp Shorts, which will be free to attend, is a two-day curated exhibit of short films by filmmakers from Mississauga and Oakville.
It will take place on May 4 and 5 at the Clarkson Community Centre (2475 Truscott Drive).
As for what to expect, Filmhive's Facebook page says that viewers will enjoy continuous animated shorts, music videos, dramas, and documentaries in the community centre's lobby.
A special screening with popcorn (always an necessity) and a Q&A with some of the filmmakers will take place Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
On Saturday, the event—which is family-friendly—will run from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. On Sunday, viewers can check out movies from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To learn more, click here.
- What's Open and Closed Victoria Day Monday in Mississauga
- University Students In Mississauga Use Dating To Reduce Student Debt
- 5 Things to Do In and Around Mississauga for the Long Weekend
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga
- These are the Most Affordable Travel Destinations for 2019
- Largest South Asian Film Festival in North America Opens in Mississauga This Weekend
- An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
- Mississauga Independent Film Fest is Coming
- Mosaic South Asian Heritage Festival to draw 70 000 Attendees
- There is a Big Film Festival Happening In Mississauga Soon