Unique dog and hockey event coming to Mississauga
Do you like dogs?
How about hockey?
If you said yes to both, you might be excited to hear that you can bring your beloved furry family member to a local hockey game next month.
The Mississauga Steelheads 3rd Annual Pucks n’ Paws Hockey Game—which invites attendees to bring their dogs—is happening on Sunday, Feb. 2 at 2 pm.
The event, which will take place at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre, will see the Steelheads square off against the Sudbury Wolves.
This year's Pucks 'N' Paws game will be the only time this season that you can bring your four-legged friend to the game with you.
According to Barks n Rec (one of the organizations sponsoring the event), this year's game is in support of the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program. The program aims to improve lives by bringing joy and comfort to the sick, lonely and those who need a friendly visit.
The festivities will feature a few activations, including a doggy photo booth, a face painting booth, balloon artists, groomers and plenty of opportunities for your pup to be rewarded with treats from vendors.
To purchase tickets, click here.
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate