Uber Eats offering free delivery
Uber Eats is working doing its part to assist restaurants that may be struggling due to the Province’s recent recommendation that they close all dine-in options and exclusively offer take out options.
To help alleviate the burden some restaurants are feeling, Uber Eats has announced it will be waving delivery fees for all independent restaurants across Canada and the U.S.—which is more than 100,000.
Further, Uber Eats has adopted additional precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, which include:
- Contactless deliveries: To help you feel confident about safe delivery, we’ve made it easier to have food left at your doorstep, and are working to provide delivery people with sanitization materials. As always, your food items aren’t touched once they’ve been packed by the restaurant.
- Helping affected delivery people: We continue to support the delivery people and drivers who earn with Uber on a regular basis with financial assistance in the event of a COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure.
- Supporting our community: We’re committing 300,000+ free meals on Uber Eats to healthcare workers and first responders in the US and Canada. We know that the work of medical and crisis response teams can be tireless, and the hours long which is why we want to help even in a small way.
- Restaurants relying on Uber Eats angry about weekend outage amid COVID-19
- Province urging food delivery services to reduce fees for struggling restaurants
- Feds teaming up with Uber to provide COVID-19 vaccination information
- Restaurants Offering Special Deals, Takeout, and Delivery at Mississauga’s Heartland Town Centre
- Popular delivery company partnering with pharmacy to deliver meds right to your door
- VIDEO: Canada Post truck rollover leads to major delays on 401 in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
- Brief foot pursuit leads to arrest of Mississauga man after a pair of pharmacy robberies
- Canada's top doc warns that full vaccination does not equal full protection from COVID-19
- Frost advisory in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Hamilton and Milton