Uber Driver Charged Following Sexual Assault in Mississauga
An Uber driver is facing charges in connection with four alleged sexual assault incidents in Toronto and Mississauga.
Toronto police say that on Monday, July 2, 2018, officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Lakeshore Road East and Hurontario Street area at 2:40 a.m. According to police, a 36-year-old woman was sitting in front a restaurant when she was approached by a man in a car. The man offered her a ride and she was allegedly driven to a parking lot and sexually assaulted. Police say she struggled with the man and fled.
Police say the same suspect was also wanted in connection with three other incidents.
Police say that on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2017, officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Blue Jays Way and King Street West area at 2:00 a.m. Police say a 31-year-old woman ordered an Uber ride home and was picked up by an Uber driver who was not assigned to her. She was allegedly driven to an area and sexually assaulted.
On Saturday, April 18, 2018, police say officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Bloor Street West and Madison Avenue area around 2:00 a.m. Police say a 19-year-old woman was picked up by an Uber driver who was not assigned to her and sexually assaulted before fighting off her attacker and fleeing.
On Saturday, October 13, 2018, police say officers responded to a call for a sexual assault in the Polson Street and Cherry Street area around 2:00 a.m. Police say a 35-year-old woman was waiting in a designated taxi area when a man who identified himself as an Uber driver approached her and offered her a ride. Police say she was driven past her destination and sexually assaulted.
Police say 38-year-old Vaughan man Senol Komec has been charged with four counts of sexual assault and four counts of forcible confinement.
He appeared in court on Thursday, October 18.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- Here’s how Mississauga students will be marked and evaluated during the COVID-19 shutdown
- Big banks reducing credit card rates
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Mississauga rideshare driver facing sexual assault charges
- Police Identify Man Wanted for Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- 73 Year Old Mississauga Man Charged with Sexual Assault