Two Teens Charged with Multiple Thefts in Mississauga
Two teenage boys have been arrested and are facing charges in connection with multiple thefts in Mississauga.
Peel police report that on Sunday, June 4 at approximately 6:22 a.m., two males were observed checking car doors in the Melton Drive area. Once they were arrested, officers allegedly discovered they were in possession of property stolen from several vehicles.
Now, a 15-year-old Mississauga teen has been charged with one count of assault, nine counts of possession of stolen property and one count of possession of a controlled substance (marijuana). Another 16-year-old Mississauga teen was charged with nine counts of possession of stolen property.
The teens were released on a promise to appear with conditions and will appear in court in July.
Investigators are reminding residents to avoid leaving valuables in their vehicles and to ensure those vehicles are locked at all times. Police also recommend keeping driveways well-lit.
Anyone with information relating to this investigation is asked to call investigators at 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Peel police bust four from Quebec following investigation into stolen Mississauga vehicles
- Man Arrested in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Series of Thefts From Vehicles in Mississauga
- OPP Arrest And Charge Man With Possession Of Stolen Property From Mississauga
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga