Two teens accused of assaulting and robbing taxi driver after ride from Hamilton to Oakville
A taxi driver was allegedly assaulted and robbed by two teens early Monday (Apr. 7) after they were driven from Hamilton to Oakville.
At around 2:15 a.m., Halton Police were called to the area of White Oaks Secondary School in Oakville after receiving a report of a robbery.
Two males were picked up by a taxi in Hamilton and when they arrived in Oakville, the driver was allegedly assaulted as the suspects fled to avoid paying the fare, according to police.
The driver reportedly sustained “minor injuries.”
Tuesday (Apr. 6), Halton officers located and arrested a 14-year-old male and a 16-year-old male. They are facing robbery and fraudulently obtaining transportation charges.
Neither youth can be identified in accordance with the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Andre Giglia at the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905 825-4747 ext. 2282.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga Man Charged in Relation to Gunpoint Robbery in Oakville
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville Armed Robbery
- Mississauga Teens Charged in Oakville and Burlington Bank Robberies
- Mississauga Man Arrested Following Robbery in Oakville
- Mississauga Male Arrested Following Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Oakville
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant